Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Reactions

While I was watching the election, mainly the last speech made by Obama, I was overjoyed and inspired and interested.  I wanted to see how these next few years would turn out and what would happen.  I know that Obama is much smarter than president Bush so these next few years will definitely be better than Bush's terms.  However I think Obama promised a lot and I don't think he'll be able to accomplish all of it in 4 years of office (hopefully 8).  However I think he'll be able to do a lot of good for the country even if he can't do everything that he promised.
Having a black president will inspire many blacks and other minorities to succeed and take part in politics and other fields that were before dominated by white men.  Hopefully his presidency alone will change how America acts socially and inspires equality on a personal level.  While this is all great I'm concerned with his safety.  During McCain's speech the crowd booed and some shouted "kill him" when McCain said that Obama was a good man.  I expect many assassination plots to be made, hopefully unsuccessful.  Overall his presidency alone leaves me hopeful and eager to see not only how Obama leads the country but how other minorities will achieve more following his example.       

No comments: